Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2007 23:16:54 +0200
From:      Aragon Gouveia <aragon@phat.za.net>
To:        Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: powerd doesn't decrease CPU frequency in some cases

Hi,

| By Rui Paulo <rpaulo@fnop.net>
|                                          [ 2007-12-24 14:43 +0200 ]
> Isn't it better to teach est(4) to ignore values that differ in, say,
> +/- 5Mhz ?

I agree my patch isn't ideal.  I was thinking about it today and it might
be useful to implement something that ignores frequencies whose power
ratings don't differ by more than X mW.  In my case, both 2201 and 2200 are
rated to draw 35000 mW.  The question is, in these cases which one of the
two should be ignored?  Can't ignore both...

Sorry Andrey, I missed your patch.  Was a bit overly excited when I saw
someone else finally experiencing the same problem as me after receiving
zero response a month ago when I posted about it. :)

Something I asked in my post a month ago was where does
dev.cpu.X.freq_levels get its data?  I was thinking it might be something
that can be addressed with a patched ACPI DSDT?

Regards,
Aragon