Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:54:16 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <amistry@am-productions.biz>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Suspend/Sleep/Stop USB device

--nextPart1264099.6AENGxkrr7

	How do I suspend/sleep/stop a USB device.  This was discussed on the=20
list previously with no conclusion.  My situation is a little=20
different.  I've got a laptop with a built-in USB camera.  The camera=20
physically gets warm to the touch when I'm running FreeBSD.  This=20
doesn't matter if I've got usb loaded or not.  Since it is obviously=20
drawing a significant amount of power I'd like to be able to turn it=20
off.
	How would I get the usb device to suspend?
	In Windows Vista it does not get warm to the touch unless it is=20
actually being used to capture video.  So there should be a way to=20
suspend the device.

Thanks,

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry