Date:      Mon, 3 Mar 2008 18:26:59 +0100
From:      Roman Divacky <rdivacky@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: epoll patch for review

> >I am not sure if its semantically correct, it seems to work for my testing
> >program. I'll remove the comment.
>
> I'm not sure your testing program covers all cases. So just removing
> the comment to make me happy is not the right thing to do. :)

I tested this flag and it did the same thing on linux and on linuxulator :)

> What I meant was: linux supports the MOD so we should support it too.
> You already thought about it (ADD+DEL), so think a little bit more and
> finish it (it doesn't look like it is a lot of code to write for
> this). And as a second thought: the action to do may depend upon the
> modification requested (when it is in fact a null op, we should maybe
> do just nothing)...

things can always be added later. I'd prefer to commit solution for
95% of the problems now instead of solution for 100% in 2012

> Oh... with fc4 or f7? What's the lib? Maybe we (bsam and/or me) can a
> find it and add it as a port.

check ltp-full-20061121/testcases/kernel/syscalls/epoll/README.1ST

it needs some couroutine library etc.

> >thnx for the review I'll fix things and post updated version in a few days
>
> Many thanks for working at this!

sure.... happy to be useful ;)

roman