Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2008 19:12:13 +0100
From:      Oliver Herold <oliver@akephalos.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very bad performance when using battery on my laptop with FB7

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

Hi

just a shoot into the dark, but did you set debug.cpufreq.lowest=3D1000 in
/etc/sysctl.conf? 1000 MHz is the lowest (usable) frequency of my
laptop.

Cheers,

Olier

Kemian Dang <dangkm@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>=20
> I have a Compaq laptop running FB7 stable.
> When I use battery, the system becomes very slow, there are even lag
> of the cursor.
> The "load average" would be 1 - 2, while the idle CPU is 99.0%.
> It would not change even I plug the ac power later.
>=20
> But if I reboot the machine whit ac power, everything would be OK.
>=20
> Any idea appreciated for what should I do to solve this ...
>=20
> Best wishes,
> Kemian
rg"

--=20
=46rom the Pro 350 Pocket Service Guide, p. 49, Step 5 of the
instructions on removing an I/O board from the card cage, comes a new
experience in sound:

	5.  Turn the handle to the right 90 degrees.  The pin-spreading
	    sound is normal for this type of connector.

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A

--9zSXsLTf0vkW971A--