Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:29:00 +0100
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: CVS/Mirror mode for csup to be merged soon

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 04:40:40PM +0100, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> After some feedback on previous patches and some adjustments, I think the
> CVSMode for csup project have come to a place where a wider testing audie=
nce
> is needed, and I would like to make this a call for review and a HEADSUP =
> allow willing reviewers and eventual protesters to give their opinion bef=
ore
> merging this to HEAD. A few things about the current state of CVSMode:
>=20
> - Complete CVS mode (mirror mode) is supported, allowing the whole CVS
>   repository to be fetched by csup.
> - rsync fetch supported if not explicitly not wanted by user or not suppo=
rted
>   by server.
> - Support using the status file to speed up detailing of files. This mean=
s no
>   bigger inpact on files that are up to date.
>=20
> For the state of the code itself, I have went over it a couple of times t=
he
> last couple of days, fixing style issues and a few differences between cv=
sup
> and csup. One important thing to note is that the impact on the existing =
csup
> operation is _minimal_, so that the risk of introducing bugs to the normal
> csup operation is very small, and because of this I see no problems with
> committing the current version. If you find any issues, please e-mail me,=
 and
> I will look at it.
>=20
> So, for those of you wanting to test, please do so now. If people are okay
> with this, I would like to merge it by the end of the week/early next wee=
k.
>=20
> A patch can be found here: http://people.freebsd.org/~lulf/csup_cvsmode.d=
iff
> or you can just do a checkout of projects/csup_cvsmode
>=20
Small update,

I have gotten some positive reports, thanks for testing! So far, a bug
involving SKIP directory handling have been fixed. I still have one report
which I'd like to investigate more before getting anything in. In addition,
there seems to be performance problems on some files (with many deltas, such
as CVSROOT-*/modules,v etc.) due to some slow algorithms used in the RCS
handling. I'll try to speed it up a bit when it seems to work ok.

--=20
Ulf Lilleengen

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--