Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 2009 04:08:21 +0200
From:      Leon =?iso-8859-15?Q?Me=DFner?= <l.messner@physik.tu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardwire drive0 to ad0 on hw raid.

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

Hi,

i'm having a problem with the disk numbering of RAID arrays (3ware
9650SE). When i boot, the array with my system is always the last=20
numbered drive (ATM its ad16). This array is on its own controller.=20
lsdev in the loader shows the array as drive0 (first BIOS drive i
assume).=20
Is there a way to hardwire this to ad0 as i dont want my system
array to have different numbers when booting with different amounts=20
of drives attached to the system.=20
I couldn't find any hints on this in the 3ware manuals or
controller-setup.

Thanks in Advance,
Leon

FWIW: This is on FreeBSD-7.1-p5 (latest binary update).

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--