Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 2009 09:07:08 +0200
From:      Jonathan McKeown <j.mckeown@ru.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: POLL: Linux preferences from FreeBSD users

On Thursday 02 July 2009 07:21:25 Polytropon wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 18:58:15 -0400, Daniel Underwood <djuatdelta@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > QUESTION: Of the various modern Linux distributions, which do you
> > prefer? and why?
>
> Actually, I'm not a Linux user. But Linux was my first step into
> using UNIX on a x86 PC. More than 10 years ago, I started with
> Slackware Linux, and with the rise of FreeBSD 4.0, I did abandon
> it.

I was wondering if there were any other Slackers out there!

I've still got my first Linux distribution, and possibly my first FreeBSD
release too: I bought the Walnut Creek 4-CD box of Slackware 3.6 in a little
shop in the West End of London, and a couple of years later, the boxed set of
FreeBSD 4.5 from either the Linux Emporium or CheapBytes (can't remember
which).

Jonathan