Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:21:35 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

I moved email from a FreeBSD 6.2 machine to a FreeBSD 7.2 machine.

On both machines, I'm using sSMTP[1] to send email to a mailserver
managed by a shared hosting server, with SSL/TLS authentication.
Everything works, except for one "small" problem -- sending email to this
list.  It has apparently exposed a problem with the setup.  I get a "Helo
command rejected: Host not found" error when sending to this list.

The weird part is that I'm using *exactly* the same ssmtp.conf file on
both the 7.2 system and the 6.2 system.  As you can see -- since this
email comes from the 6.2 system -- that configuration file isn't causing
any problems sending with sSMTP on 6.2, so I'm a little confused about
the cause of the problem.  Where else should I look for a problem?

My MUA is Mutt (and yes, that's using exactly the same configuration file
too).

Thanks in advance for any help.

### NOTES

1: /usr/local/sbin/ssmtp

--=20
Quoth Alan Kay: "I invented the term 'Object-Oriented', and I can tell
you I did not have C++ in mind."

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND--