Date:      Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:08:08 -0700
From:      Ted Faber <faber@isi.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   automounting and glabel

--d8Lz2Tf5e5STOWUP

hald & nautilus seem to not automount USB memory disks with glabels on
them, even if that label is a single character (no spaces).  Is there
some configuration file I need to change to get the mount to happen?

I didn't include all the debug information, because I see this behavior
over several systems and over FreeBSD7-STABLE and FreeBSD-8RC1.

If it's a bug, here's how I can reproduce it: =20

Insert an unlableled USB memory stick without a glabel.
Nautilus will mount it.
Unmount it from the menu and make sure it no longer shows up in df
put a glabel on:

$ sudo glabel label A /dev/da0s1a

Pull the drive out, and put it back in.  /dev/label/A and /dev/da0s1
will appear in the FS, but the drive will not be mounted by Nautilus.

$ sudo glabel clear /dev/da0s1

Remove and replace and the drive will mount again.

--=20
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.=
asc