Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:44:09 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8-STABLE outgoing scp stalling frequently.

At 02:36 PM 2/2/2010, Jonathan Chen wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've noticed that on a recent 8-STABLE/amd64, scp(1) appears to be
>stalling very frequently. This is the output from a "scp -v -v"
>of a 300Mb file from a local to a remote within an internal network:

Hi,
         Is it on the same ethernet segment, or does it go through a
router(s) and is the path asymmetric? I noticed similar symptoms on a
jailed box where the round trip was asymmetric and an intermediary
router was generating a lot of ICMP redirects that were ignored by
the sending host.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike@sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike