Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 2010 23:27:25 +0200
From:      Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   u3g network problem

(8-STABLE/i386)

Hi,

I've got some troubles with a 3G connection. I don't know which things
I should check to debug this:

I use ppp to connect and it works fine. But after a while (not a long
time), I don't have any reply to DNS requests, as far I can see with
wireshark...

Then if I use an IP, it works. So it looks like it is a problem with
DNS. I've tried with an other dns server with the same result. I've
also tried with a local dns server to cache the requests. It looks to
help a bit.

Anyway I also use a ssh tunnel to connect to my server and (on the
server) I can see a lot of CLOSED sockets with netstat, and a lot of
sshd processes stuck, even after days. So there is something wrong with
the connection.

Any idea or suggestion?

Thanks, regards.