Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2010 16:27:56 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@acm.org>
To:        Philip Herron <redbrain@gcc.gnu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using lex in a shared library

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On 2010-Jul-02 23:53:17 +0100, Philip Herron <redbrain@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>>> Although maybe not helpful but have you considered using
>>> automake/libtool instead makes it so much simpler in my opinion.
=2E..
>Automake will auto-handle Lex and Yacc files too. And is extremely portabl=
e.

You are joking, right?

Of all the supposedly "portable" build environment tools I've used,
GNU autotools is by far the slowest, most bloated and least portable.
And when you run into problems, you are faced with trying to follow
hundreds of KB of opaque shellscript and obfuscated makefiles.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--