Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2010 23:02:26 +0100
From:      Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
To:        Harald Servat <redcrash@gmail.com>
Cc:        Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sched_autogroup_enabled

On Thu, 18.11.2010 at 21:51:52 +0100, Harald Servat wrote:
> Alexander (& rest of the list),
>
>   -performance has a thread about this topic. If you're interested, you can
> take a look there. Here's the URL
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-performance/2010-November/004067.html

I'm not subscribed there, but I had to laugh real hard, when I saw the
hype this generated on slashdot the other day. Why? Cause I'm doing
similiar stuff on FreeBSD for ages and it is perfectly snappy. Everytime
I sit down in front of an Ubuntu box, I'm amazed at how crappy the
responsiveness is.

Might also be related to me not using Gnome ... *shrug*

Just did some more tests, running 2x 720p videos, make -j32 buildkernel,
the chromium port was building a while now in the background, firefox
and opera running with quite a number of tabs (and opera seems to have
developed a "cpu leak" recently, as it constantly sucks up ~25% CPU).
Anyway, I cannot notice any UI hiccups or mouse stuttering or problems
when redrawing windows.

Am I doing it wrong?

Uli