Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:14:01 +1000
From:      Fraser Tweedale <frase@frase.id.au>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   bwn(4) support for BCM4322 (MacBook WiFi)

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

I might be fighting a losing battle, but any advice on getting the Broadcom
BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n working?  This chip is found in Apple's MacBook and
probably elsewhere.

I'm currently running amd64 8.2-RC2. As best as I can see, HEAD has nothing
that RELENG_8_2 doesn't have, as far as bwn(4) is concerned.

As per the bwn(4) man page, I installed the net/bwn-firmware-kmod port.
The firmware failed to load, giving a "firmware table full" error.  Seems
that others had this issue.  Bumping the firmware table size FIRMWARE_MAX
in sys/kern/subr_firmware.c was the suggested workaround; both modules
provided by the port - bwn_v4_lp_ucode.ko and bwn_v4_ucode.ko - now load
without error.

siba_bwn0: <Unknown> mem 0x93100000-0x93103fff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci3
siba_bwn0: warn: multiple PCI(E) cores
siba_bwn0: unsupported coreid (USB 2.0 Device)
siba_bwn0: unsupported coreid (unknown)
siba_bwn0: unsupported coreid (Internal Memory)
siba_bwn0: unknown chipid 0x4322 for PLL & PMU init
bwn0 on siba_bwn0
bwn0: unsupported PHY type (4)
device_attach: bwn0 attach returned 6

siba_bwn0 appears in devinfo(8) output but bwn(4) is nowhere to be found.

Any suggestions on how to get the card working?

Regards,

Fraser

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J--