Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2011 21:25:47 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   [RFC] pypy-1.5

--nextPart1847253.1H0TULicID

--Boundary-01=_7y87NSKu6j9JRwR

Hi,

I have been working on a port for pypy-1.5.  Although the port is a work in=
=20
progress I would like some feedback for what I have done so far. =20

The port supports translating (and compiling) multiple instances of pypy, w=
ith=20
three options available by default.  The first is DEFAULT which is the stoc=
k=20
pypy with JIT.  The second is STACKLESS using the stackless option for pypy=
=2E =20
The last is SANDBOX using the sandbox option for pypy.  See=20
files/bsd.pypy.inst.mk for the examples. =20

To translate custom instances of pypy compile the port with:
# make all install PYPY_INST=3D<instance list>

I plan to make STACKLESS and SANDBOX options. =20

The port is standalone and does not have any integration into the port=20
infrastructure. =20

See attached.

Regards,

David