Date:      Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:26:02 +0200
From:      Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
To:        Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, Fabien Thomas <fabient@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: my git development snapshot(s)

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 15:52:43 -0400, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Ulrich Spörlein <uqs@spoerlein.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2011-09-18 at 12:14:38 +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> >>
> >> Just decided to follow the global trends and trying to throw all of my
> >> local/private changes at you in hope that the "crowd-sourcing magic" might
> >> somehow happen :-)  This seems definitely easier than carefully producing the
> >> patch files and keeping them up-to-date.
> >>
> >> So, my newly cloned gitorious repository:
> >> https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd
> >>
> >> And the first branch of interest:
> >> https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd/commits/devel-20110915
> >
> > I'll throw mine in as well:
> >
> > https://github.com/uqs/freebsd-head/branches
> >
> is that the same as tree as Fabien's, or a new snapshot ?
>
> If not, couldn't we agree to have all the same tree in order to ease
> code sharing between all of them ?
>
> I see there is already a https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd tree,
> which seem different than Fabien's tree on github. It really look like
> The FreeBSD Project (https://github.com/freebsd/) is not able to
> provide consistency.

The freebsd-head tree is the same that everybody in the world can get by
simply running git svn clone against the FreeBSD subversion server
(you'd need a lot of patience, though).

It's also available from git.freebsd.your.org and on code.google.com
(except that Google's git backend sucks ass).

Fabien's tree is cut off at an arbitrary date and if you happen to
choose a different date, well you cannot merge any branches with that
repository.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/GitWorkflow

Uli