Date:      Thu, 27 Oct 2011 01:33:40 +0200
From:      Alberto Villa <avilla@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 9.0 amd64 RC1 and KDE4

--nextPart77630565.P7x90MYyp9

On Thursday 27 October 2011 01:09:25 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> The KDE4 in FreeBSD 9.0 RC1 amd64 is generating enormous amount of=20
error
> messages during usage ( not visible on screen , but seen after Ctrl-
Alt-F1
> discontinuation of X ) . This is making it extremely slow which may be
> considered to be practically unusable . Actually parts are working
> generally but every step is waiting so much that such a usage is not
> practically applicable .

You didn't say anything about those error messages, though. It might=20
come useful. We keep trying to improve the situation thanks to reports=20
from our users.

> Therefore , for the KDE4 users in the amd64 platform , there is a big
> problem .
>=20
> This was also the case for 8.2 amd64 Release .

Actually, you're the first one to report such a problem. If this "was also=
=20
the case for 8.2" you could have said it earlier. Any chance to get some=20
help from you to investigate the issue?
=2D-=20
Alberto Villa, FreeBSD committer <avilla@FreeBSD.org>
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~avilla

Man who arrives at party two hours late
will find he has been beaten to the punch.