Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:38:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Kernel Internals Documentation

David Jackson <djackson452@gmail.com> wrte:
> Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>wrote:
> > David Jackson <djackson452@gmail.com> wrte:

> > > However, My finding is that due to poor documentation, ...

 [ sneck remaineder of ill-informed trolling ]

> > Start with "The Design and Implementation of the BSD 4.4.4 Operating
> > System"
> > by McKusick, eal.
> >
> > Then read "The design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System",
> > by McKusick and Neville-Neal.`
> >
> > *You* are free to contribute 'better documentation' as you review any
> > particular file.   Since you feel it is important, you are strongly
> > encouraged to "do something" to actually 'make it better', as opposed
> > to merely sitting on the sidelines and sniping at the work of others.
> >
> > Well, okay, yes, I have heard of these books.

Ah, you've "heard" of them.  And, you obviously haven't bothered to read
them, right?

Do you know _who_ McKusick is?  Or Bostic?  Or the other authors of the first
book I referenced?   Do you have any idea why it might be a good idea to start
with what they've written?

Do you know that manpages exist for a lot of kernel-mode functions?

Do you understand that with all that *external* documentation, there is
little need to replicate it inside the source files?