Date:      Sat, 7 Jul 2012 05:10:07 GMT
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ry=C5=8DTa_SimaMoto?= <liangtai.s4@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/169684: /ports/multimedia/qmmp not compile

The following reply was made to PR ports/169684; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?UTF-8?Q?Ry=C5=8DTa_SimaMoto?= <liangtai.s4@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org, stanislav@icmail.ru
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 14:01:34 +0900

 Thank you for an exact report.  I am sorry but any perfect solution
 are not found.

 This problem has been very important since this port was introduced,
 but I do not have any good ideas.  The current build system usually
 loads header files from installed version instead of source tree,
 even if former one is older.  When a package of certain version is
 installed, patch level (micro) upgrading might work without error,
 but minor release upgrading (like from v0.5.x to v0.6.x) should result
 always in fail because of version incompatibility of header files.

 There may be three ways to workaround.  Please choose select one of
 them and apply it by your hand:
 A) Uninstall (pkg_delete) qmmp-0.5.6.  Then upgrading the port
    should finish with hopefully no errors.
 B) Remove installed header files.  Package manager may blame
    that some files does not exsist when uninstallation, but will
    not stop its process.
 C) Edit search order of header file paths.  To do this, after the
    phase of 'make configure', run the following command:
       cd ports/multimedia/qmmp ; \
       find work/.build -type f -name flags.make -exec \
       sed -i.bak -e '/_FLAGS =3D /s|-I/usr/local/include |g' \
       -e '/_FLAGS =3D /s|$| -I/usr/local/include|' {} +
    When you apply the third measures during compilation, portupgrade
    also may pass the process safely.

 Uglyness of these kludges are all caused by my shortage of CMake
 knowledge.

 SimaMoto,Ry=C5=8DTa <liangtai.s4@gmail.com>