Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2013 15:40:01 GMT
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/177536: zfs livelock (deadlock) with high write-to-disk load

The following reply was made to PR kern/177536; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To: Martin Birgmeier <Martin.Birgmeier@aon.at>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/177536: zfs livelock (deadlock) with high write-to-disk
 load
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 18:31:39 +0300

 on 02/04/2013 21:07 Martin Birgmeier said the following:
 > Thanks for the pointer - which I knew about, but unfortunately found out
 > too late that the kernel needs to be compiled with options STACK and/or
 > options DDB/KDB for this to work.
 >
 > Could this information be added to that page?

 Well, I do not see any reason for people to not include at least STACK in their
 kernel.  It's in GENERIC too.  you are the first one to run into this kind of an
 issue :-)

 > I already recompiled the kernel, but are ambivalent about whether I
 > should now hope to see the deadlock again... ;-)
 >
 > One more thing: Could you point me to the SVN revision in head and/or
 > stable/9 which presumably contains the (partial) fix?

 I believe that with r244626 from 2012-12-23 you should not experience hang on
 shutdown.

 --
 Andriy Gapon