Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:22:50 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Robert Millan <rmh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compatibility options for mount(8)

> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:24:36 +0200
> Subject: Re: Compatibility options for mount(8)
> From: Robert Millan <rmh@freebsd.org>
> To: Jaakko Heinonen <jh@freebsd.org>
> Cc: freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
>
> 2013/7/10 Jaakko Heinonen <jh@freebsd.org>:
>> I am not sure if mount(8) is the right place for the translation. This
>> seems to be the first string option translated by mount(8). The "rdonly"
>> compatibility option is translated to "ro" in kernel. Looks inconsistent
>> to me.
>
> Makes sense...
>
> I can look this part up later. For now, how about only adding -n? Is
> everyone fine with that?
>
> See attachment.

I am fine with your proposed addition. I would favor changing the
manual page from

+For compatibility with some other implementations; this flag is

+For compatibility with some Linux implementations; this flag is

as it is (primarily) Linux compatibility and also reflects the comment
that you have added in the code.

	Kirk McKusick