Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 2015 01:41:51 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Waitman Gobble <gobble.wa@gmail.com>
Cc:        pgsql@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postgresql93 port and libedit

--2IK6idz0sKKouFF6

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 08:02:22PM -0800, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:27:14PM -0800, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I noticed that postgresql93-client port pulls in readline, which is GP=
Lv3.
> >> When I get rid of readline in Makefile 'USES' and also change the
> >> bottom of the Makefile in postgresql93-server,

> >> .include "${.CURDIR}/../postgresql92-server/Makefile"
> >>
> >> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D--with-libedit-preferred
> >>

> >> It builds without readline and links against libedit in base:
> >>
> > except that libedit is not really an alternative as it does not supprot=
 unicode
> > (except in head) one solution would be to try linking against the editl=
ine port
> > which contains the same fixes as libedit in head and see if it works.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Bapt
>=20
> Thanks so much for the feedback. I've considered the options regarding
> my project and I think it's more work to handle end-user devices with
> a pkg repository if I indeed must manage custom ports built using
> customized sources. Distributing the initial appliance isn't the
> problem, i'm working out an update strategy for down the road.
>=20

https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/pglibedit.diff

This patch works for me and accepts perfectly unicode.

Can anyone from the postgresql team test, generalize to other postegresql
versions? (please keep it using the port version of libedit).

Best regards,
Bapt

--2IK6idz0sKKouFF6

--2IK6idz0sKKouFF6--