Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:29:50 +0200
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disable Xorg.0.log

I have diskless clients running X.org.
/var is mounted from conf/base/var.cpio.gz, and is defined with md_size 614=
4.
Starting X populates the log file, which quickly fills up the md assigned t=
o /var. I don't need Xorg.0.log for the time being, so how can I disable it?

These are the solutions (which don't work) that I have found:
1. Set /dev/null as logfile - The X.org amn page specifies "-logfile filena=
me" as a command line switch. The equivalent setting for xorg.xonf is NOT {=
Option  "logfile" "/dev/nul/somefile".
2. ln -s /dev/null/somefile /var/log/Xorg.0.log - will not work because X a=
lways moves the old file and creates a new log on each start-up.

Any ideas?
Regards.
--=20
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS