Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:59:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jgh@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: unable to save any document, apache-openoffice-4.1.1_6

On 26 Feb, To: jgh@freebsd.org wrote:
> On 26 Feb, Jason Helfman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am unable to save any document in OpenOffice. I have latest installed pkg
>> version of 4.1.1_6.
>>
>> The error that is thrown when the program exits is:
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'
>>
>> Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!
>
> I've seen at least one other report of this problem.  It seems to affect
> FreeBSD 10 and/or 11.  I'm still running FreeBSD 8 and haven't
> encountered this problem.  Unfortunately the machine that I was running
> FreeBSD 11 on died.  I've got a box full of parts to assemble a new
> machine, but haven't had the time to assemble it.

I can reproduce this problem on FreeBSD 10-STABLE, on both amd64 and
i386.  The problem seems to be triggered by most things that pop up a
dialog box.  I can confirm previous reports that Format Cells in a
spreadsheet also triggers this problem.  I also triggered it with Insert
Table in a text document.  On the other hand, the print dialog box does
not trigger it.