Date:      Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:41:03 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raspberry Pi SPI device example?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2015 07:53:42 +0100
Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 23:49:33 -0200
> Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 16 February 2015 at 06:34, Milan Obuch wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have little display attached to my raspberry, description found
> > > at
> > > https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-28-inch-resistive-touchscreen-display-raspberry-pi
> > >
> > > It uses SPI interface for bouth display module and touch panel
> > > overlay, so my question is - do we have any example how a SPI
> > > connected device could be used? This module uses ILI9341 as TFT
> > > driver/controller and STMPE610 for touch screen interface, both in
> > > SPI mode. As datasheets are available on internet, it should not
> > > be too hard to write a driver, but first some example would be
> > > great...

[ snip ]

> > Hi Milan,
> >
> > ATM we only support SPI devices as kernel drivers (no userland
> > support yet).
> >
> > I guess you could add a vt(4) driver for ILI9341.
> >
> > The SPI drivers currently in tree are:
> >
> > - sys/arm/lpc/ssd1289.c
> > - sys/arm/samsung/exynos/chrome_ec_spi.c
> > - sys/dev/flash/mx25l.c
> > - sys/dev/flash/at45d.c
> > - sys/mips/atheros/pcf2123_rtc.c
> >
> > Luiz
>
> Hello,
>
> thanks, Luiz, that's really helpfull. I will check how thing are done
> here and try to write something. Not sure how vt driver should look
> like, but I am not that far yet, first a working setup for hardware
> register read/write needs to be done. ILI9341 datasheet is 240 pages
> (pdf file) and STMPE610 one is 56 pages, so it takes some time to go
> through get anything working done.

Hello,

I am trying to do something, but no luck yet - it looks like I need
somehow write into rpi.dtb blob that I added something into kernel.
Unfortunatelly, none of those five files help in this area, they are
'activated' via hints mechanism which does not help me...

Do we have something to shed some light here for me? Also, is it
possible to boot kernel with verbose logging, but not with some option
in kernel config and rebuild?

Regards,
Milan