Date:      Wed, 13 May 2015 18:26:11 +1000
From:      andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
To:        Chris H <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: damage to pkg's sqlite data base

On Tue 2015-05-12 23:47:02 UTC-0700, Chris H (bsd-lists@bsdforge.com) wrote:

> I whined about it the first time my DB blew up. It's become
> corrupted several times since on different boxes/versions. *but*
> after the first time, I made it a habit of making a copy of it *before*
> embarking on an upgrade, or install of any ports.

Can you post a link to your message and/or a link to your FreeBSD PR on Bugzilla?

I use FreeBSD on a number of machines (bare metal & virtual) and have
never encountered local.sqlite corruption, and maybe I haven't been
paying attention but I haven't noticed anyone else mention it on the
list until now.

As I said to the OP, if you encounter this problem and you're sure
it's not caused externally (hardware or filesystem corruption) then
it's probably worthwhile making your corrupted local.sqlite available
somewhere for it to be looked at by someone who understands SQLite.

Regards
Andrew