Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2015 14:54:25 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: best options for a *WORKING* MTA

--Sig_/_C5YIgeBAl6K/L1pO82bMJ+

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 13:51:17 -0400, Alejandro Imass stated:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Aryeh Friedman
> <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have tried every which way I can find in the handbook and/or on the n=
et
> > to get a working mail server and the best I can do get the default
> > sendmail
>=20
> I hate sendmail but I love FreeBSD and I simply not use it and use Postfi=
x.
>=20
> > to answer on localhost only (postfix seems to be completely broken).
>=20
> Not sure what you mean. I use Postfix in FBSD for years now.
>=20
> > Where can I find a good *SIMPLE* set of instructions on how to set up a
> > working mail server to accept mail for my domain?
> >
>=20
> First describe what problems you are having exactly. General questions
> will only get you general answers.
>=20
> Basically you can simply disable Sendmail and enable Postfix and it
> works perfectly.
>=20
> There is a general recipe for it but YMMV so be more specific and
> perhaps we can be more useful.

Add to /etc/rc.conf

## Disable SENDMAIL
sendmail_enable=3D"NO"
sendmail_submit_enable=3D"NO"
sendmail_outbound_enable=3D"NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable=3D"NO"

## Start POSTFIX
postfix_enable=3D"YES"

Now, either manually shut down SendMail or reboot. If you don't reboot, you
will have to manually start Posfix. Personally, I would recommend that you
reboot. I will leave learning how to configure Postfix as an exercise for t=
he
poster. Joining the Postfix Forum would probably be a wise move.

--=20
Jerry

--Sig_/_C5YIgeBAl6K/L1pO82bMJ+

--Sig_/_C5YIgeBAl6K/L1pO82bMJ+--