Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 2015 00:44:41 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "Chuck @ Mantis" <chuck@mantis.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: binary upgrades and /usr/src/UPDATING

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:04:45 -0400, Chuck @ Mantis wrote:
> In past versions of BSD I've complied my own updates from source but now
> that I've started using the binary upgrade 'freebsd-update' where can I
> read /usr/src/UPDATING before updating things? I used to do it after a
> cvs/svn update

If your /etc/freebsd-update.conf contains the "src" component,
the /usr/src subtree will be subject to updates. You can at first
run "freebsd-update fetch" to obtain the compressed update and
look for the file that would become /usr/src/UPDATING (and can
be found in /var/db/freebsd-update) when you apply the update
with "freebsd-update install".

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany