Date:      Thu, 02 Jul 2015 15:21:53 +0900 (JST)
From:      Shin-ya Murakami <murashin@gfd-dennou.org>
To:        f0andrey@gmail.com, araujo@freebsd.org, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Hello,

I'm using Intel Core i7-5600U vPro which includes Intel HD Graphics 5500.
The vesa driver doesn't work for me.
I can find the lines in /var/log/Xorg.0.log:
[   370.050] (II) VESA(0): initializing int10
[   370.052] (EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0x0 out of range
I guess that I use UEFI instead of BIOS, then some kind of infomation
doesn't been passed to the kernel correctly.

I use scfb driver now, however this driver is unable to use VGA output
connector, so I want to use the driver which can enable me to use the
VGA output.

I read that Intel HD Graphics 5500 works on Dragonfly BSD recently.
Is it possible to accelerate the development referring such source code?

Thanks,

        Shin-ya Murakami

From: Andrey Fesenko <f0andrey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 16:56:29 +0300

>>> Only vesa supported, welcome to the suffering club :)
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Bapt
>>>

>> Wow my LORD, that might be a big club.
>>
>> Thanks Bapt.
>>
> Big, all i[357]-4xxx processors and Xeon E3 V3 processors (Haswell)
> support only VESA https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics
> Where a month ago, in one of the mailinglist was news that could be
> the autumn that will change. But the outlook is not cheerful, it seems
> now, no one is working on this subsystem
----
Shin-ya Murakami
email: murashin@gfd-dennou.org
WWW: http://www.gfd-dennou.org/member/murashin/