Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 2015 11:06:07 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Quartz <quartz@sneakertech.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 64bit P4 vs mfsBSD

Hi,

this e-mail reminded me of an old machine of mine. It only worked up to
FreeBSD 7.x. FreeBSD 8.0 also did not boot as some hardware support was
dropped those days. You might be affected by something like this too.

The only difference seems that my machine booted but was unusable.

Just try to get an old image matching the age of your machine. You can
then move slowly into the 'future'.

Erich

PS

My machine was a Pentium class machine, I think not even Pentium II or
III.