Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2016 12:46:54 +0200
From:      Edward Tomasz =?utf-8?Q?Napiera=C5=82a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Melissa Jenkins <melissa-freebsd@littlebluecar.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10.3 and reboot -r (reroot)

On 0419T0906, Melissa Jenkins wrote:
> I've been trying to get reboot -r to work but get an error that kern.proc.pathname is undefined.  It then drops to single user mode.
>
> Interestingly I've checked the value of kern.proc.pathname and it appears to be undefined on all the OS boxes we have from 9.3 up to current.  In fact the kern.proc tree doesn't appear to contain anything though it does exist at least on some of the boxes.

The kern.proc.pathname is a weird sysctl.  It's per-process, and it's
impossible to access it via name, only by numeric ID.  So, this is normal.

The fact that reroot doesn't work because of this is not normal, though.
I have no idea why this would fail; I'll investigate.

Also - could you add a PR with all the information you have?  Thanks!