Date:      Tue, 3 May 2016 18:49:50 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Edward Tomasz =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Napiera=3Fa?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r298143: something wrong with autofs?

--Sig_/ROzz_c7RrUZDC2Q9t00mHDD

Am Sun, 17 Apr 2016 12:39:44 +0200
Edward Tomasz Napiera=C5=82a <trasz@FreeBSD.org> schrieb:

> On 0417T1057, O. Hartmann wrote:
> >=20
> > Running FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #32 r298143: Sun Apr 17 09:48:26 CEST 2016=
  amd64, on
> > both server and client, reveals today that AUTOFS seems not to work. Di=
d something
> > changed unnoticed?
> >=20
> > I realized, that no exported filesystem is bound so far. On the server'=
s side, all =20
>=20
> "Bound"?

... means: the cleint does not mount/bind the NFS exported filesystem anymo=
re.

>=20
> > daemons necessary are configured as they were before in a working state=
 and as I can
> > see so far, they are up and running and also listening to their sockets=
/IPs.  =20
>=20
> Could you describe in more detail what are you seeing?  Also, the usual a=
utofs
> debugging technique ("pkill automountd && while :; do automountd -d; done=
") might
> sched some light.

Well, I see nothing! That is my problem. I setup several NFSv4 exported fil=
esystems which
were mounted on demand via autofs - that workd. Since I do not use/need tho=
se filesystems
on a dailt basis, I realized too late that in the meanwhile those filesyste=
ms are not
present on the client (autofs) anymore. I'm not aware of having changed any=
thing in the
configuration and I didn't receive any heads-ups that essential changes had=
 been made.