Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2016 16:19:22 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Rafael Rodrigues Nakano <mseqs@bsd.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Download all source before compiling the port

--JKGvNdIvrY8Ovf7Z

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 08:15:04PM -0300, Rafael Rodrigues Nakano wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> Is there a way to download everything required by a port before starting =
> build it and its dependencies (so I can let it to build later without an
> internet connection). Thanks in advance.

I have been using (and still use) "portmaster" to update
locally-inistalled ports on a couple machines (one of which is my
laptop).

Quite some time ago, I started running "portmaster -aF" specificially
for this purpose (while rebuilding base FreeBSD), prior to a subsequent
"portmaster -ad" (after the reboot).

Caveat: portmaster is ... rather deprecated of late.  See ports@
archives for further discussion on that topic.  (in fact, Ii'll redirect
this to ports@, as it's a ports issue.)

Peace,
david
--=20
Those who would murder in the name of God or prophet are blasphemous coward=
s.

--JKGvNdIvrY8Ovf7Z

--JKGvNdIvrY8Ovf7Z--