Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2016 21:49:42 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS ZenBook UX305CA Trackpad: psm0: unable to allocate IRQ

El día Saturday, June 25, 2016 a las 10:07:23PM +0000, Malcolm Matalka escribió:

> Hello,
>
> I have recently purchased the above mentioned laptop (and it's great)
> and would like to help make it well supported in FreeBSD.  The first
> thing I'd like to help get working is the trackpad since that is the
> most limiting pain point.
>
> The current problem with the trackpad is the psm0 device does not show
> up at all.  When booting in verbose mode I see:
>
> "psm0: unable to allocate IRQ"

The above message only means that the psm.c driver does not know how to
deal with this device. I have two netbooks Acer C720, both have on
verbose boot the same message as shown above. On the C720 I'm typing
right now the TP is supported by the cyapa.ko driver, on the other which
was for repair at Acer, it was working too, but now not anymore. For me,
I have first to figure out with booting some Linux (Knoppix, Debian,...)
what is exactly installed now in the repaired C720. Then I could think
about how this hardware could work with FreeBSD;

in your case, have your tried to kldload the cyapa.ko and does this give
a device /dev/cyapa0 ? If it does, it will work with moused or X11
via HAL. If not, try to figure out first what is installed in your
laptop.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wer übersieht, dass wir uns den anderen weggenommen haben und sie uns wiederhaben wollen,