Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:09:46 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating multiple computers

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 19:16:33 -0400
Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> On 09/19/16 09:43, Brandon J. Wandersee wrote:
> > Baho Utot writes:
> >
> >> How do I use that release assuming that it is on a network server
> >> to update/upgrade multiple systems?
> > Release images are for clean installs. To update machines over the
> > network, just run `make buildworld` and `make buildkernel` on the
> > master system, then mount /usr/src and /usr/obj to the other
> > systems using NFS.
> Ok I will try that
>
> Thanks

I have one question regarding this alternative.

I already have this scenario set up.

Suppose that I want to save compile time on the remote machines
and that machine #1 that holds /usr/src and the compiled /usr/obj is
an intel XEON.

Remote machine #2 that will use this compiled code is an I7 and
machine #3 is an AMD Phenom II.

If leave CPUTYPE alone, will the resulting code run well on all 3
machines?

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."