Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2016 04:27:39 -0500
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: misc/jive deleted

disclaimer: I wasn't the person who made the decision.

This change became contentious after it was made; however, that
discussion only occurred on internal mailing lists.

The "pro" removal points: some of these terms are no longer acceptable
in polite society, and far cross the line from humor to offensive.
If FreeBSD is trying to be more inclusive, having this around isn't
the way.

The "anti" removal point: well, just don't install it, then.

I fall firmly into the former camp, and for the reason stated.  At
least one of the terms could never possibly have been interpreted
as humor in my native Texas.

And particularly in Houston, Texas, where in the late 1970s the term
was used in a police incident, in which the suspect later died.

tl:dr; it's pretty difficult to offend me personally, but when I read
that particular entry, I turned pale.

mcl