Date:      Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:30:17 +0000
From:      heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   fbsd11 & sshv1

I do appreciate fbsd's and openssh's altruism with the removal of v1 support.
But, the fact is that there is equipment in the wild that does not support
v2 and never will and otherwise works perfectly fine, yet sshv1 is still a
better choice than telnet.

So, what is the BCP to support a v1 client for outbound connections on fbsd
11?  Hopefully one that I do not need to maintain by building a special ssh
from ports.  Is there a pkg that I'm missing?

tia