Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2018 21:19:53 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Orange Pi R1 ethernet #2 + SDIO question

Hi,

today I looked over some docs about Orange Pi R1's second ethernet
interface. Actually it is basically the same board as Orange Pi Zero,
just onboard USB connector is replaced with some Realtek USB ethernet
chip. With our current kernel and Orange Pi Zero DTB there is nothing
in usbconfig output.

Most probably we are missing some initialization step. After finding
mention of GPIO pin 20 in some Linux DTS, I decided simply try

# gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 20 1

and voila, it works:

ugen2.2: <Realtek USB 10100 LAN> at usbus2
ure0 on uhub1
ure0: <Realtek USB 10100 LAN, class 0/0, rev 2.10/20.00, addr 2> on usbus2
random: harvesting attach, 8 bytes (4 bits) from ure0
miibus1: <MII bus> on ure0
rlphy0: <RTL8201E 10/100 media interface> PHY 0 on miibus1
rlphy0: OUI 0x00e04c, model 0x0008, rev. 2
rlphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
random: harvesting attach, 8 bytes (4 bits) from rlphy0
random: harvesting attach, 8 bytes (4 bits) from miibus1
ue0: <USB Ethernet> on ure0
ue0: bpf attached
ue0: Ethernet address: c0:74:2b:ff:e5:ff
ue0: link state changed to DOWN

After

# dhclient ue0

I was able to use this USB ethernet interface.

Maybe this activation could be inserted in DTS, but for now I consider
this ethernet usable (I tried some ping, ssh and some such over it with
success).

And now the question - both Orange Pi Zero and Orange Pi R1 have SDIO
connected wifi/bluetooth chip. I know there was some work on SDIO
framework in FreeBSD, but what about current status? Do we have
anything available for test? For me it is by no means urgent, just
these boards are available for cheap and quite good for tests...

Regards,
Milan