Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2018 15:39:46 +0200
From:      Gregory Byshenk <freebsd@byshenk.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru>
Subject:   Re: KBI unexpexted change in stable/11 ?

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 04:09:04PM +0300, Slawa Olhovchenkov wrote:
> I am upgrade system to latest -STABLE and now see kernel crash:

> Is this expected? I am mean about loading modules builded on
> 11.1-RELEASE on any 11.1-STABLE.

Did you rebuild your virtualbox and nvidia modules for your new
kernel? If you build a new kernel, then you need to rebuild any
modules that were installed from ports for the new version.

You can do this manually, or by adding a PORTS_MODULES line to
/etc/make.conf. This will rebuild the listed modules from ports
when you build a new kernel.

I think this will do what you need (double-check that these are
the right port names):

  PORTS_MODULES= emulators/virtualbox-ose-kmod x11/nvidia-driver

-gregory

--
gregory byshenk  -  gbyshenk@byshenk.net  -  Leiden, NL