Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2018 13:57:35 +0200
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@ze.tum.de>
Cc:        Freebsd Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: flavors and rc scripts

--bspbaxpojaiuo25t

On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 09:26:51AM +0200, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm trying to build a python package that uses flavors to allow parallel
> installation for different python versions.
>=20
> So far building an installing works fine till the start script comes in
> the picture.
>=20
> The port should install a start script for each of the flavors
> installed, but USE_RC_SUBR installs the rc.script under the name given
> and don't add the prefix or suffix. When i use
> USE_RC_SUBR=3D${PYTHON_PKGNAMEPREFIX}scriptname i have to add a start
> script for every flavor.
>=20
> Is there a way to gent USE_RC_SUBR to add the prefix or suffix.

I am not sure I understand exacly what you want to achieve by installing
different flavors of the same daemon.

Would you want it to run multiple times?

What happens with the rc variables?

Are all the flavors managed using the same variables, and then, all the
daemons run concurrently?

Are they supposed to be named something like this for the default
flavor:

scriptname_arguments
scriptname_pidfile

and like this for a non default flavor: