Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2018 08:05:50 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Erich Dollansky <freebsd.ed.lists@sumeritec.com>
Cc:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: panic: Assertion td->td_lock == TDQ_LOCKPTR(tdq) failed at /usr/src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c:2137

On Sat, Jun 02, 2018 at 09:16:06AM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2018 08:41:54 -0700
> bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:
>
> > As a matter of curiosity, have you been able to run a -j4 buildworld
> > to completion on your RPI3? If so, please post your setup. For several
> > months now all my attempts at j4 buildworld have failed with "killed,
> > out of swap" even though top seems to report minimal swap usage. It
>
> since I have a small swap partition in RAM, I did not get this message.
> I back the memory disk with a file via NFS. Not the speed daemon but it
> works.

That is most curious. How much actual swap is available? My RPI3 is
killing jobs with "out of swap" despite 4 GB in three physical partitions,
one on USB flash and two on the microSD card. Both storage devices are of
the same type (SanDisk Extreme) and have similar write speeds, likely
better than NFS via the usb-ethernet adapter.

Thanks very much!

bob prohaska