Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:04:19 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: GPT vs MBR for swap devices

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 04:03:06PM -0700, Mark Millard wrote:

> Since the "multiple swap partitions across multiple
> devices" context (my description) is what has problems,
> it would be interesting to see swapinfo information
> from around the time frame of the failures: how much is
> used vs. available on each swap partition? Is only one
> being (significantly) used? The small one (1 GiByte)?

There are some preliminary observations at

http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/swaptests/newtests/1gbusbflash_1gbsdflash_swapinfo/1gbusbflash_1gbsdflash_swapinfo.log

If you search for 09:44: (the time of the OOM kills) it looks like
both swap partitions are equally used, but only 8% full.

At this point I'm wondering if the gstat interval (presently 10 seconds)
might well be shortened and the ten second sleep eliminated. On the runs
that succeed swap usage changes little in twenty seconds, but the failures
seem to to culminate rather briskly.

Thanks for reading, and for your help!

bob prohaska