Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2018 05:55:41 -0400
From:      <starikarp@yandex.com>
To:        FreeBSD X11 <x11@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   radeon and drm-kmod still problem

Hi!

I do not know if I am doing something wrong or just doesn't work on my
computer.
My system: FreeBSD 11.2-RELEASE-p4 (GENERIC md64), computer iMac 11,1,
boot manager rEFit, graphics card Radeon HD 4850 (on the FreeBSD wiki
page looks like is supported). And I am using portsnap for updating
ports.
Yesterday I tried again:
Built drm-kmod which pulled also drm-stable-kmod and gpu-firmware-kmod.
All three were built without problems.
I put in /etc/rc.conf kld_list="/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko" and in
/boot/loader.conf:
hw.syscons.disable=1
kern.vty="vt"

I have a question about setting hw.syscons... Shoutl be:
set hw.syscons.disable="1"
or just
hw.syscons.disable=1

because I f I have the last settings or not computer doing the same:
after swith to vt it became black with a little tingling and nothing
happened.

In the /var/messages I got also radeon/RV770_pfp.bin: could not load
firmware image, error 2
radeon/RV770_rlc.bin: could not load firmware image, error 2
radeon/RV770_smc.bin: could not load firmware image, error 2
radeon/RV770_uvd.bin: could not load firmware image, error 2

I did try also ati-legacy drivers but result was the same.

Thank you.

SK