Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:45:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
To:        George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
Cc:        freebsd- <arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: A proposal for code removal prior to FreeBSD 13

> Howdy,
>
> A few of us are working on a list of programs and other code that we'd
> like to remove before FreeBSD 13.  If others with to collaborate on this
> removal, or discuss it, please do so here.
>
> The list is being maintained on the project WIki:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/WhatsGoing/FreeBSD13

I am going to ask that all parties who want to "deprecate" code
first work with imp@ (Warner) to formalize the policy and procedure
for doing such that was promised by "release 12.0", then start on
this activity of deciding what can and can not go.

The ad hoc history of deprecation, especially without even
following our current model, is not helping the projects
image with users going "wtf, they took out foo???"

timed was removed outside of current procedure, and that should
be corrected ASAP, as one developer has already spoken up that
they are using it.