Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 2019 21:14:13 +0200
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm@dino.sk>
To:        Michael Hrabanek <hrabanek@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pine64 (LTS) HDMI trouble with UHD display

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 20:44:41 +0200
Michael Hrabanek <hrabanek@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am doing full system rebuild just now, with recommended
> > modification. It takes some time (I am doing it natively on Pine as
> > an another test)
> and report will follow...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Milan
> Hi! You've got HDMI on Pine64-LTS working? Could you please share the
> process / patches? I've tried CURRENT, STABLE and building my own
> image from latest src and in the end it's always the same - HDMI
> stops working right after EFI loader boots the kernel. Did you change
> dts in any way or used some overlay? Thanks in advance
> Tried on two different LCDs with 800x480 and 2560x1440 native
> resolutions btw.

Hi,

look in archive of this mailing list, there is a message from me with
subject 'Pine64+ HDMI output note' sent at Sun, 16 Jun 2019 09:34:39
+0200. Basically, I used some snapshot, then recompiled newer system
from sources, and added line

hw.regulator.disable_unused=0

into /boot/loader.conf file. I verified it with fresh CURRENT stable,
just this one modification was all needed to get HDMI output working.
It was actually working, just line driving circuit was switched off
without this line. See message mentioned above for full details.

Hope this helps.
Milan