Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2019 15:50:44 +0700
From:      Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru>
To:        FreeBSD Virtualization <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Need X-server to run in bhyve guest

--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4

Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

[dd]

>=20
> > Second, unless I select ZFS, there is no option to install on GPT+UEFI.
> > Fine, let's install on ZFS.
>=20
> Do you mean GPT+UFS? =20

I mean UFS+GPT+UEFI. That means, a EFI partition should be created and
populated by the installer, alongside with the UFS and swap partitions.

bsdinstall can create and populate the EFI partition when
installing on ZFS, but not when installing on UFS.

> Not sure what the failure is here.  I usually
> install MBR/(UFS or ZFS) so this is not a use case for me.

How do you create the EFI partition, manually?

--=20
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/

--VrqPEDrXMn8OVzN4