Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:55:03 +0000
From:      Rolf Dahmen <R.Dahmen@m3connect.de>
To:        "freebsd-pf@freebsd.org" <freebsd-pf@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Issue using altq_priq unter FreeBSD 11.1 - help needed

Hi all,

I=B4m Rolf Dahmen working as CTO for a german Wifi Service Provider. We do =
have a certain issue that we are not able to configure QoS to prioritize qu=
eues on FreeBSD using pf with altq. My SysOps engineers are stuck in gettin=
g it done, so I`m looking forward to get a resolution or any consults onboa=
rded.

We have successfully recompiled the kernel to use pf with altq.

We have configured 5 new queues "allowed, specialip, terminals, freeunlimit=
ed, free" to pass the incoming traffic to prioritize the flow. The issue is=
 that always the defined default queue is used but never the user queues.

I do think that our pf.conf is not complete:

       (pf.conf)
altq on igb0 priq queue {allowed, specialip, terminals, freeunlimited, free=
}
queue free priority 5 priq(red)
queue freeunlimited priority 4 priq(red)
queue terminals priority 3 priq(red)
queue specialip priority 2 priq(red)
queue allowed priority 1 priq(default red)

Gru=DF,

Rolf Dahmen
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)

[cid:image001.jpg@01D168B7.D9C957D0]

T:             +49 (0)241 980 986 68
M:            +49 (0)151 617 196 23
Fax:         +49 (0)241 980 986 90

Web:        www.m3connect.de<http://www.m3connect.de/>;
E-Mail:     r.dahmen@m3connect.de<mailto:r.dahmen@m3connect.de>

m3connect GmbH | Friedlandstr.18 | 52064 Aachen | DE/Germany | Amtsgericht =
Aachen | HRB 8773 | USt.- ID: DE219 664 658 | Gesch=E4ftsf=FChrer/CEO: Emil=
io Dragas, Markus Schindler