Date:      Sun, 17 May 2020 17:37:46 -0700
From:      Thomas Skibo <thomas-bsd@skibo.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help w/ Cora-Z7, XC7Z007S Zynq board

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 04:08:04PM -0700, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> Yep, it is:
> hw.zynq.arm_pll_frequency: 1300000000
>
> Thanks for confirming this.
>
> The above also makes the host USB port work as well (enough that it
> probes and detects USB devices)...
>
> Btw, do you have a guide or anything written up for using the PL under
> FreeBSD?  I've read most of the stuff you've written on both the wiki
> and your web page, but didn't see anything specific on it.

The devcfg(4) man page is about all there is.  Looking at it now,
it is a out of date in that the Xilinx tool it references, promgen, is old
and obsolete.  The devcfg driver needs the bitstream to be byte-swapped
and had the header stripped which Vivado can do but I haven't documented it.

--Thomas

--

=====
Thomas Skibo