Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 2021 15:58:19 +0200
From:      Felix Palmen <felix@palmen-it.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lessons from the PHP git repo "hack"

--qsu77szoqkthu66r

* @lbutlr <kremels@kreme.com> [20210331 07:47]:
> Which brings me to the reason for this post, as it seems that the
> ports collection of FreeBSD 13.x will be in the same position, running
> a private git server network and using GitHub as a mirror and I wonder
> if some lessons from php's experience with this should be considered
> for this setup before it's implemented.

Apart from the fact there's only one ports tree=E2=80=A6

I'd say the lesson is keep your systems updated and pay attention to
keep your credentials safe/secret. I don't see how Github would prevent
such an incident any better.

--=20
 Dipl.-Inform. Felix Palmen  <felix@palmen-it.de>   ,.//..........
 {web}  http://palmen-it.de  {jabber} [see email]   ,//palmen-it.de
 {pgp public key}     http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt   //   """""""""""
 {pgp fingerprint} A891 3D55 5F2E 3A74 3965 B997 3EF2 8B0A BC02 DA2A

--qsu77szoqkthu66r

--qsu77szoqkthu66r--