Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2022 16:06:06 -0400
From:      Ryan Richter <ryan@2solnu.net>
To:        ryan@2solnu.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   offline install of perl

I have a machine with a fresh install of freebsd 13.1 which will never
be conected to the internet.  I need to install perl on it (nothing
else), but I can only transfer files by usb drive from linux machines.

This seems like a simple thing, but I've been looking at documentation
for a long time now and I can't find anything.  pkg looks relevant, but
it is not actually installed, and anyway I can't find the url of any
perl 5 package for 13.1 (the pkg servers seems to have directory
listings disabled).

If anyone could direct me toward a simple way to do this I would
appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
-ryan